Workplace Injury Attorneys Serving Injured Workers Throughout Michigan
Workers in all industries face the possibility of being injured on the job. Common work injuries include:
- Spine injuries from falls
- Back injuries from lifting heavy equipment
- Amputation injuries from power saw accidents
Factory and industrial accidents
- Fractures, compound fractures
- Crushed hand or foot
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) from falling equipment and materials
- Burns, injuries from explosions and electrical shock
- Loss of eyesight
Restaurant, hotel and service industry accidents
- Scalds, burns
- Severe cuts, lacerations
- Muscle and joint injuries
- Carpal tunnel, repetitive stress injuries
- Shoulder and neck injuries, herniated disks
- Injuries from trip-and-fall accidents
- Hand and finger injuries from office equipment
What is a third-party lawsuit?
In most cases, an injured worker applying for workers' compensation pay forfeits the right to sue his or employer for additional damages. However, the injured worker retains the right to sue the property owner, product manufacturer or other party or parties found liable for causing the accident and injuries. These are referred to as third-party lawsuits and often result in significant monetary damages over and above workers' compensation pay.
Call Our Detroit Work Injury Attorneys
If you suffered any type of workplace injury or work-related disability in Michigan, call Miller Cohen, PLC, right away. We are experienced workers' compensation, disability and personal injury lawyers who are ready to help you recover full and fair compensation you are entitled to for your injuries. In many cases, we can help you recover more than workers' compensation benefits. If your injury was the result of misconduct or negligence by another party, you may be entitled to file a third-party lawsuit to seek additional damages.
From offices in Allen Park and Detroit, our lawyers represent workers injured on the job anywhere in Michigan. Call us toll free at 800-221-6021 or use our convenient email contact form to arrange an opportunity to meet with one of our experienced workplace injury attorneys today.