Modification Of Child Support & Custody Orders

People may plan carefully when making divorce and custody decisions, but it is inevitable that circumstances will change in the future. Even the most thorough divorce and custody orders cannot plan for every contingency.

Fortunately, family court allows for modifications to certain orders after divorce and custody cases are finalized. At Miller Cohen, PLC, we represent people seeking and contesting modifications to Michigan family law orders. We can assist you with modifications to spousal support, child custody, parental relocation or child support. To schedule a free consultation with a lawyer regarding modification of child support and custody orders, please call 313-566-4787 or 800-221-6021.

We Can Help You Modify Custody And Support Agreements

Child custody is based on what is in the best interest of the child, whether it is an initial determination or a modification of existing orders. You may be seeking a relocation or simply more parenting time with your child. We can make your case for or against the modification with your children's best interests in mind.

To modify child support orders, you must prove that the circumstances of a parent or child have changed significantly. Similarly, modification of spousal support orders may be granted if one party's financial situation changes significantly enough to merit a decrease or increase in payments. Requests for spousal and child support modification are often made because of:

  • A party losing a job or suffering a financial loss
  • A party getting a higher-paying job
  • A change in the health of one parent or child
  • A change in a child's needs

Please speak with us to learn how we may assist you with modifications or enforcement of existing orders.

Life Changes. When It Does, We're Here To Help

Life changes. When you need assistance to change an existing support or parenting plan, call us. For a free consultation, please call 313-566-4787, 800-221-6021 or contact us online.