Employee And Union Rights
Employee And Union Rights
Jonathan L. Cakmakci
- Labor Law 50%
- Employment Law 50%
Miller Cohen, P.L.C. has a long history of being advocates for employees. We are the counsel designee for employees of several national and local labor unions in Michigan, including:
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME)
- United Auto Workers (UAW)
- United Steel Workers of America (USWA)
- United Postal Workers of America (UPWA)
- Office & Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU)
- American Federation of Teachers (AFT)
- Metro Detroit AFL-CIO
- Operative Plasterers and Cement Masons International Association
- Association for Flight Attendants - Communications Workers of America (AFA-CWA)
We have experience representing clients from a wide range of occupations and professions, including labor, teachers & school employees, manufacturing, auto workers, delivery, service industry, public employees, and construction workers. There isn’t an area of employment that we have not been involved in, and there isn’t a type of worker injury or disability case that we have not handled.
Miller Cohen, P.L.C. is one of the largest workers' compensation firms in Michigan. Our lawyers possess extensive experience helping injured employees secure workers' compensation and Social Security Disability benefits. We also represent workers in employment and labor law issues.
When you work with the law firm of Miller Cohen, P.L.C., you have knowledgeable and experienced workers' compensation attorneys protecting your interests and advocating for your rights. Regardless of the nature and extent of your injury, whether you are temporarily or permanently unable to return to work, we will work tirelessly to see that you get the benefits you need and deserve.
In addition to our dedication to results, the process matters also. We are equally committed to providing you with superior service. We work with you one-on-one to make sure you understand the process and you know what is happening with your claim. We want you to have the advice and information you need to make important decisions. Our devotion to client service also includes responding promptly and thoroughly to your telephone calls and inquiries. We work for you.
If you have questions about how we can assist you with your workers' compensation, Social Security Disability (SSD), or employment law issue, contact the Miller Cohen, P.L.C. Injury Lawyers in Detroit, Michigan. You don't pay unless we collect.
- Wayne State University Law School, Detroit, Michigan
- J.D. - 2019
- Western Michigan University, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- B.A. - 2016
- Major: Finance
Classes & Seminars
- United Auto Workers, Law Clerk, May 2018 - May 2019
- National Labor Relations Board, Law Clerk, August 2017 - December 2017
Fraternities Or Sororities
- State Bar of Michigan Labor & Employment Law Section, Member, Present
Certified Legal Specialties
Current Employment Position
- Associate Attorney