Employee And Union Rights
Employee And Union Rights
Andrea L. Hamm
- Social Security Disability 60%
- Workers' Compensation 40%
Andrea L. Hamm received her Juris Doctor degree from the University of Iowa, College of Law in 2001. She received her Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Michigan in 1997. In law school, she authored a paper concerning the Fair Labor Standards Act which was well received and resulted in a nationally broadcasted radio interview.
She specializes in the practice areas of Workers' Compensation and Social Security Law. In regards to Workers' Compensation, she fought hard to prevent the changes to the Worker's Compensation Disability Act that was signed into law on December 19, 2011 and met with Senate Majority Leader Randy Richardville to prevent the bill from being sent to the floor of Senate. She also is a past Chairperson of the State of Michigan's Workers' Compensation Section Council (2019 - 2020) and served on the council for a total of 10 years beginning in June, 2010 as a council member. Her position as a council member on the Workers' Compensation Section allowed her to better advocate for all injured workers' rights. In the area of Social Security, her cases have set precedents at the United States District Court for remands on appeal. She currently serves as an executive board member of the Michigan Association of Justice where she represents the needs of both injured workers as well as applicants of both SSDI and SSI.
She is the past recipient of the Rising Star (2013 - 2017) designation which is a peer recognition through the State Bar of Michigan and is currently being recognized as a Super Lawyer as of 2020.
She comes from a family involved in the labor movement since the early battles at Rouge where her grandfather fought hard for worker's rights. She is the daughter of a skilled tradesmen who is a retired member of UAW, Local 600. Her sister is a proud member of the MEA and her husband is a past president of an AFSCME local.
- University of Iowa College of Law, Iowa City, Iowa
- J.D. - 2001
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- B.A. - 1997
- Major: Political Science
- Michigan, 2001
- Rising Star, 2013 - 2017
- Super Lawyer, 2020 - 2020
- Barry Adler & Associates, Attorney, 2001 - 2003
- Workers' Compensation Section Council, Chairperson, 2019 - 2020
- Workers' Compensation Section Council, Vice Chairperson, 2018 - 2019
- Workers' Compensation Section Council, Secretary, 2017 - 2018
- Workers' Compensation Section Council, Treasurer, 2016 - 2017
- Workers' Compensation Section Council, Council member, 2010 - 2015
- Michigan Association of Justice
- American Bar Association, Member
- Workers' Injury Law & Advocacy Group
Current Employment Position